View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
FWIW; I use FBReader (the add-in version) almost exclusively.
I have it configured with Georgia 22, text embolden, large margins, no status bar.
Cover images expand to full screen most of the time. It doesn't annoy me if they don't. (Sorry!)

I only use ADE when I can't help it because:

1- the "ADE page numbers" on the side are hard-wired into the render engine. Apparently they cannot be removed even if the guys in Kiev wanted to.

2- there is no user font choice allowed. On the other hand, the ebook coder can hard-wire whatever formatting they want and force it upon the reader.

3- There is no margin and no white-space control to help readability.

4- I don't believe it is fair or proper to require the reader to resort to manually reformatting an ebook file in an external tool like Calibre just to get a book to display properly.

That's just me, of course.
And yes, I'm having a lot of fun with my PB360. Most of it when I can stay in FBReader.
(If it weren't for Calibre formatting my Economist subscription with ADE bias, I'd have even more fun.)

YMMV, of course.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote