View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Interesting concept. I wonder why Ectaco (or a third party) couldn't publish multiple ROMs, each with different features (DRM schemes) for sale?

You could have one with ADE, one with Secure eReader, one with Secure Mobi, etc.
Well, you wouldn't even need to use different ROMs... well unless Mobi was involved. There is no particularly good reason why ADE and ereader cannot co-exist on the same device. In general, I think it might be an issue of cost. Even though, I think ereader is licensed for free (I might be wrong on that), it would still take time and money to integrate it into the reader. As for ADE, well.. I imagine there is a licensing fee involved with them...

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote