View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzwaryn
How about a simple directory structure that allows folders/sibdirectories. THAT would be a major improvement!

And while we're at it a simple USB interface that would simply allow book files to be moved to and from the Reader as with the Cybook which simply appears as a drive to a PC?

I see feature creep coming. Do nothing to improve the basic functionality but add enough bells and whistles that the device becomes a nightmare to use until we reach the point where the cell phone industry has gotten where someone is selling a great new device that does nothing but.... make phone calls.

I want a device that allows me to move files easily onto and off of the device. find them on the device and then allows me to READ them.
Yes - 100% agreed with your views. Don't try to make the Reader into a mobile web browser, or a 2nd rate tablet PC; concentrate on the basic functionality of reading books and make it do that very, very well.

The most successful devices are, to my mind, those which do a single job exceedingly well - that's why the iPod has been so successful. Devices which attempt to do a dozen different jobs and do none of them terribly well are no use to anyone.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote