View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookstar View Post
One thing I have found, the device can be quite slow at times. I found that when I tried to zoom in on text, it took quite a while to update. I would say a good 4 or 5 seconds. I believe this isnt the case once I had zoomed a few times. I tried both transfereing to SD and to the internal memory and both had the same issue. Page turning doesnt seem to be a problem. The format of the books are LRF, are other formats quicker? I havnt had a huge time to get to grips with the kit yet, so far I am really liking it.
I think (someone may correct me on this) that if you load a LRF file using the Sony software it will fix the lagging experienced with changing text sizes. If you do get around to loading the Sony software you can test a few documents to verify this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookstar View Post
The next step is to try and clean up the main menu at some stage, theres a few menu items that I wouldnt use and like to remove (for the time being anyway) such as the audio menus.
I have never tried but not sure if you can remove those menu items.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote