View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
bookstar
Noobie
bookstar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Today I purchased a 505, Happy times!

Hello,

I purchased a 505 today and I am very pleased with the reader. I found it very easy to transfer my books over. I havnt installed the bundled sony software yet, instead I used Calibre. One thing I have found, the device can be quite slow at times. I found that when I tried to zoom in on text, it took quite a while to update. I would say a good 4 or 5 seconds. I believe this isnt the case once I had zoomed a few times. I tried both transfereing to SD and to the internal memory and both had the same issue. Page turning doesnt seem to be a problem. The format of the books are LRF, are other formats quicker? I havnt had a huge time to get to grips with the kit yet, so far I am really liking it. The next step is to try and clean up the main menu at some stage, theres a few menu items that I wouldnt use and like to remove (for the time being anyway) such as the audio menus.

I also tried converting a manga as a test. I used the Comiclrf tool, amazing results, I was very impressed. Not only can I read novels, I can now read the odd manga.

So far I am extreemly happy. I purchased the Silver version to go with my Vaio.
bookstar is offline   Reply With Quote