View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #59
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The number of errors I see in many of my purchased ebooks tells me that people do, in fact, automate the process. If you want a good quality ebook, you still need to have someone check it but that's not very expensive when you think of it terms of thousands of copies.
I think that's the key point: Most publishers aren't thinking of most non-bestseller e-books in terms of "thousands of copies"... they're probably thinking hundreds, perhaps only dozens of sales, lots of pirating loss, and lousy profit margins. If the e-book field is seen to be growing in potential, however, that could change.

Of course, with the changes to the economy, and to publishing, finding a new and better way to farm out such work, to make it workable even in the early days of e-book sales, would be worth their while...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote