View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 04:10 AM   #664
AJvK
AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura (normal and HD)
I remade the templates and columns several times, and I finally got them working without throwing up error messages. However, the information in the column is stuck at "Not Read", no matter how much I've actually read, despite multiple attempts at fetching the annotations from the Kindle.
So my question remains: what am I doing wrong? AM I doing something wrong, or does this just doesn't work on a Voyage?
I've followed the instructions to the letter - the only thing off is this:
Kindle "Book status" is added to the Calibre book details, in the comments.
I don't see anything Kindle related in the books comments, before nor after fetching annotations, or anything else for that matter except what I put in myself (blurbs, mostly).

Edit:
I've tried a few things:
- fetching annotations does nothing, both for sideloaded books and for books bought from Amazon and delivered through Whispernet
- as I understand it (bear with me, I'm new to Kindle) the metadata is fetched from mbp files? I can see those files when I'm browsing the content-folder of the Kindle app on my Mac. But there are no mbp files on my Kindle device - this holds true for sideloaded books, and also for Whispernet, direct delivered books. What I do see on my Kindle Voyage is an azw3 file for the book, and a separate sdr folder per book, with several small files but no mbp. Might this be why it's not working? Did Amazon change something to the Voyage, or in the firmware?
- tried manually copying the mbp file from from the Kindle app folder to the Kindle itself (both in document folder, and the book specific sdr folder), with both the original name and renamed to the books name on the Kindle it and reading a few pages, but none of that works, the mbp files remains unchanged.
- tried manually adding an annotation to a book, but that doesn't show up in calibre, and all the mbp files remain unchanged

For completeness sake:
Kindle Voyage, FW 5.6.2.1

I don't know what else to try, so please

Last edited by AJvK; 05-22-2015 at 04:56 AM.
AJvK is offline   Reply With Quote