View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #41
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Nice to see you jumping in the wagon
I've added some scripts and the kernel module I use to fake board_id. I use a code that I found online, I don't think it is an issue to share it here but if we come up with something working it will have to be modified with something non-existing. A step I think is necessary to make the software run is to configure the framebuffer to 8bpp, that's what framebuffer_configure does, it is used also in my port of KPV.
BTW, where did you get that log? I'm just using strace at the moment since I can't get a proper log. Never had references to devcap but maybe I just didn't notice.
You can start syslog-ng if you uncomment the line with 127.0.0.1 in the config file, then you get everything via tail -f /var/log/messages.

I think that possibly the framebuffer configuration is no problem, since X already runs and could do that for us. Also, instead of using a kernel module I just modified the paths in the binary as a quick hack, but I'd be interested in the kernel module as well. Or maybe a LD_PRELOAD library that redirects these specific paths would be a good idea, since that would mean that it works without having to build a kernel module or modifying the binaries.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote