View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I received the Kogan in the mail today...

It looks like a solid unit... I really like that it supports so many formats as well as the ability to change margins, line spacing etc. - and it support folders. It has folders already for music, photos, books etc

I was surprised to find a USB Wall charger, but it did say so in the description, but I must have missed it.

The screen is beautiful and clear.

It has 1500 pre-loaded books, and the books I've looked at all has got something to do with Australia.. They are of course public domain (Gutenberg Australia), but well formatted and I haven't found any errors in them, yet. To see how the reader performed, I started reading My Experiences in Australia by A Lady (Mrs Allan Macperson) - So far I'll continue reading this book.

The page turn button is a bit hard to press (maybe it'll soften over time?)... And then there's the book marking.. Two clicks 'menu, book mark'

These are the only 2 things I don't like about this reader, but other than that, I think it's great value for money.

I did have a Kobo reader, but I didn't like it much... The Kogan is a lot more user friendly due to the large amount of personal preferences settings.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote