View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
No., If you look at the script being used, it copies the content of the normally inacessible partitions over on to the external SD card. This requires the unit to have booted as normal, and for modifications to have been made to get the script to run.

If the base linux system is wiped out, and the device rendered non bootable, no means exists to copy the data back to to the hidden parititons.

This is is the exact same on other kobo models; there is no means to access the "system" partition of the internal SD card from an USB connection.
I ran some tests with the tools I have on hand and an Aluratek Libre Pro, I was only able to see the FAT partition. The same with the Alura. I suspect that USBnet would get around this, but it appears that you can't do it the way I thought it could be done.

While my tools can see all the partitions off an SD card in a USB connected card reader they aren't doing so for the USB connected device's internal memory.

So, I was wrong, I know it seems so improbable, but there it is. I'll have to mark it on my calendar.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote