View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatzeMatz View Post
AAAAAARRRGGGGLLL!

I think I bricked my KT device

That's what I did:

I copied the above mentioned file "locale-base.jar" to "/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/" and restarted the device.
The showed International settings where there and I was able to change my keyboard to "German" (other International settings still only contained US English).

Then I copied the file "default.properties" to "de.properties" in "/opt/amazon/ebook/config/locales/" and edited it (directly on the device with "vi").

Then I went to my PC, created a "translate_de_DE.txt" as suggested in the README.txt:
Code:
3-join.pl de_DE KindleTouch > translate_de_DE.txt
The I edited the file a bit, translated some strings and then created a new jar:
Code:
4-create.pl de_DE translate_de_DE.txt locale-de_DE.jar zip
At last I copied the resulting "locale-de_DE.jar" to "/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/" and restarted the device again.

Now it happened: it hangs at the "tree image" and does not continue
Any ideas what's going on and above all to make it boot again?

Try this:

Enter to "Recovery Mode" by holding "HOME" button for a couple of seconds while restarting (exactly while the screen flashes from black to white before "Amazon Kindle" logo appearance), then you get this message:
Zitat:
Type ‘RESET’ to reset to factory defaults

Type it then the system reset has been done successfully, and you have ability to use the Kindle normally again.

For more details about recovery mode:
http://blogkindle.com/2009/03/kindle-2-recovery-mode/
diba is offline   Reply With Quote