Thread: PRS-350 I Still think it's great
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #58
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
I think the 350/650 series of readers were the pinnacle of readers. It's been all downhill from there. The 650 is my main reader (I really do need the extra inch of screen) but I have the 350 as an extra/spare. Actually I have two 350's but I seem to have misplaced one of them. Very irritating since it was misplaced with a cover. The covers are much harder to find than the readers.

PRS+ is a huge improvement over the Sony software. Sony has never, ever produced software that did not massively suck. Their SonicStage comes to mind (and remains embedded like a shard of glass.) The T1 was a real disappointment. The users interface is worse that the stock 650 and only function of the wireless capability is to turn it into a point of sale terminal for the reader store. The Kobo mini has the same problem except that it shills for Kobo. The T1 also shills for Google but Goggle doesn't sell to Canadian readers.

The 350/650 readers are just that, damn good readers.
The 350/650/950 reader are fantastic, and I do agree with you that they are the pinnacle of ebook readers. However, I really enjoy the fact that I can download my library books directly to my T1. While I think that the plastic chassis is a downgrade, I do like the added library download feature to the T1 model. I also use dropbox often enough on my T1 for me to appreciate the added wi-fi.

I really hope that Sony goes back to the metal frames (although I doubt it will happen). I am also not crazy about the new android powered firmware on the T1, I preferred the older firmware on the x50 series. I really did not mind paying a premium for Sony products.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote