View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #414
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Got my Mini. The size and weight are remarkable and I appreciate the amount of screen estate. I am disappointed by the screen quality, but I was fully expecting that.. It is pixellated, letters are not sharp/crisp as with high-res displays. It is like going back to an iPad 2, and for a new device released at the end of 2012 and for a premium price, well.. it's non ideal.

I *do* like the 4:3 aspect ratio. there is a lot of screen here to do stuff like reading on. It's about 10 ounces. it really does need to be picked up to believe (in terms of the weight.) I'm fairly invested (not quite the right word, but..) in the iOS app store so it's nice to be able to put games I half-heartedly tried on my iPhone (not very satisfying on a 3.5" screen) on, or to start up iAWriter, which I love. I haven't had time to actually play games or watch movies and I won't until tonight. but as a reading device (which at this size, it should be) it's pretty much a failure.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote