View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Personally, I would rather have a Sigil.css file rather than the varied styles that get spread bout the pages.
The current way make a global S&R very difficult... Read near impossible since I have seen some tags in chapters) HAVE SGC codes and others have none (and it is not obvious why that happened
At least with a central Sigil.CSS, the same code and my adjustments are simplified.
Why do we need a Sigil generated CSS when the code was perfectly fine before Tidy decided to mess with it?

<p class="tx"><i>This is my italicized paragraph.</i></p>

Becomes...

<p class="tx sgc-1">This is my italicized paragraph.</p>

There was nothing wrong with the original code. And I agree that it does make S/R difficult. So if you had a sigil.css, it would still be changing the class in my example. Still not good.

My solution is to keep Tidy off. But really, do we actually need Tidy to mess with the code? FlightCrew can tell us what's wrong and let us fix it. Tidy just (currently) gets in the way and messes up perfectly valid code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote