View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgreedo View Post
But does anyone know why I can't charge it from the USB socket? What is the difference between the two power sources? Is there some actual 'talking' going on when I plug into a computer that doesn't happen from a wall socket? I've charged the device on my work PC before, and I don't have the drivers/software installed there.
For newer Mobile phones following the micro USB charge standard the difference is that for such chargers the signal cables on the phone side are short circuited by the charger. The phone then know that a charger is connected. And the signal on these cables are probably used to detect when you connect it to a computer.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote