Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSteeve View Post
I just got Calibre the other day and immediately ran into a problem because I couldn't DL my books to my Kindle Fire HD from my (Windows XP) pc. I was sent a link to Kovid's note on a patch to address this problem.

Now is where I expose my newness. Kovid says to open the preferences and insert a bit of code for a patch. Only I am looking all over my copy of Calibre and I don't see a button or a menu that includes Preferences. I looked at Kovid's Utube video where he tells how to use Calibre. It shows him accessing the programs Preferences by clicking a button at the top of the screen. I'm looking at my copy of calibre on my computer and the menu at the top of the screen is a row of buttons that starts with "Add Books". It looks like there is another line of buttons in the Utube video. If it's hidden I just can't find it.
Either make your calibre window larger or click the >> in the top right corner to expand the toolbar.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote