View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I've asked myself, and anyone else who'd listen, that question for years. If any country needs high-speed rail, it's the U.S. (and Canada).

I don't think there is a rational explanation. I suspect the automotive industry is to blame. The United States definitely has a Car Culture.
What's crazy is that there's rail all over the place... but very little passenger rail service, and what there is is overpriced and inconvenient.

For example, there's a Boston-Portland run, and a Boston-Washington D.C. run, both operated by Amtrak. Do they connect? Heck no. You have a 1-mile connection hike to manage via subway, taxi, or whatever, between North Station and South Station in Boston. Bleah.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote