View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #37
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I came across this thread and instantly thought, "I don' t do reading challenges" but this seems to be quite flexible and "set your own rules", that I think I just might. Having a new e-Reader makes it more desirable to have a goal.

I don't want to set a target number. Since this is my first time, I'll just see how many I read in 2012 to maybe establish a guideline for '13. I don't even know if I am a slow or fast reader really.

Here are my goals:When I finish a book, I will write a note on my e-reader and put it in a collection called "2012 Reading Challenge"

I have a few library books I am waiting for. I would like to read them and finish them in the duration of the loan period.

I dozens of classics that I know the cultural reference to, yet have never read fully. I would like to read more of them.

There are some Canada Reads books I've not yet gotten to from various years. I would like to obtain them if the library has them, and read them.
The troubble is that its not as free form as you might think. The challenge itself started a year ago to read one hundred novels and a lot of us never got that far, myself included. Those of us that did not make it to the one hundred mark are setting our sites a bit lower, I would like to think that I am being a bit more realsitic in 2012. Its not as free form as you think.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote