View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
Hello all.

I want to export my books from calibre into a csv file to import into Bookpedia.

I've read the manual and I believe that I need to run this command in Terminal (I am on a Mac running 10.6.6):

calibredb export [options] ids

Being a novice, I thought I would try:

calibredb list -h

But all I get is calibredb: command not found.

Do I need to use Terminal to navigate to a particular folder to run this command? If so, which folder?

Assuming that I get this going, can someone PLEASE tell me what to type so that the CSV file is written to a folder on my desktop, say, Test?

Or take stop wasting everyone's time, can someone point me to any article that explains how to do this? I searched in this forum but nothing came up.

Thanks in advance.
I am puzzled by the 'Command Not found'? (I am not a MAC person)
There is a Catalog specific calibredb command

> calibredb catalog --help
Usage:
calibredb.exe catalog /path/to/destination.(CSV|EPUB|MOBI|XML ...) [options]

Export a catalog in format specified by path/to/destination extension.
Options control how entries are displayed in the generated catalog ouput.

You must specify a catalog output file of the form 'path/to/destination.extension'
[/CODE]
Anyway, I am glad you got a working solution..
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote