View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #23
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgs
I played with BD last night and per comments I saved to the BD. This morning I tried opening the file and all I get is a repeating dialog box asking me to "Open" or "Save". This dialog box keeps repeating with new versions of a blank document being opened. I went straignt to V5 without the recommended V4 with updates. What am I doing wrong.
You need to install the original BD4 through their standard install. This registers all the components correctly. Then take the last update, unzip that and then copy all of the files (overwriting all the way) to the BookDesigner directory in Program Files. It should work fine then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf
Is there any button or quick way to center text. Often there is material which at first are marked as titles (centered) and when converting them to paragraphs they become left justified, you then have to go to the 'format menu/more transformations/align-center'. Gets tiresome after a while. It would be nice if there was a button to center text. (maybe there is but I can't fine one )
Not that I have found. Someone once suggested that the SubTitle button could be used for that purpose although that could create a great deal of confusion depending upon what other formatting conventions you may use. As a rule I try to format the text in Word prior to importing it to BookDesigner as I like the editor in Word better. (I am also more experienced with it.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote