View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #110
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
What good are these devices with Internet turned off?
They are plenty good enough for me. When I need to I can call someone or occasionally text them, and I can read and play any game that doesn't require internet access just fine on my tablet & readers.

We all managed to get along just fine before any of these things were invented and survived to talk about. Do they make some things in our lives more convenient absolutely. But all of us can choose how much or how little we utilize them. So long as I have the choice on how I choose to utilize them that is all I care about.

I don't care about companies expectations wanting us to be connected all the time, I will decide when I want to be connected and then turn on those features so that I am, once I've done what I need to do, I turn them right back off.

I don't need or want to utilize some cloud based service to download my music or books, I just make sure I buy machines with plenty of onboard storage space or a card reader on board to expand my space via sd card.

So long as I have the choice and options to do it this way I'm happy.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote