Thread: Biased books
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:18 AM   #24
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
wrong? As long as the title has been used sometime along the way, I see nothing wrong at all in this.
I wrote that if you publish a specific edition were the text exactly corresponds to that edition then you should keep the title. I know that people here seems to mix versions when they do an ebook version but I think that is a not optimal thing since that new version cannot be referred to. And if a new version is made by combining several versions of the book then it should have a publishing date or contain information that reflects that.

Unfortunately it seems that Gutenberg does not contain information about what version the text is based on but if a book is proofed against a specific version then I think it should be stated what version it is based on.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote