View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #22704
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
We're busy cleaning the store at the moment, which isn't going as fast a we'd hoped. The outside door is open to create a draft. A couple of times an hour someone comes up and says something like "I know you're closed and I'm so sorry for what happened but I only need a [item]". Don't they see we're busy and have more important things to do than see if we can find them a fitting ring or a battery for their remote?!

After several days of this I've become very short with those types of people and if they keep pushing I can get rude (although my father says I'm still nicer than he would be).

Today we had parked the trailer right in front of the door, so you could only get in and out by climbing over it and you have customers who actually do that!
Here in the States we civilians can buy a roll of yellow "CAUTION" tape. Is that available to you? A couple straps across the open doorway might deter all but the densest would-be customers.

Failing that, can you get some brightly colored duct tape? Put a few straps across the doorway with a hand printed sign saying "Cleaning crew only?"

Still, best of luck in the near and long terms!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote