Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
What I understand is that you have a large battery drop every time your device stays in sleep mode.
No not quite the case. I'm saying I have intermittent occurences where the unit does not transition into full power-off mode, instead staying stuck in sleep mode. When that happens, that is when I also experience a large battery drain. However, I cannot predict WHEN this will happen as so far it's random. All I can say is on average it will occur roughly twice a month. (This is why the problem is frustrating as it's hard to diagnose a fault that's inconsistent!)

Quote:
Have you tried not using (auto) off-mode? How's battery life in sleep without a planned off-moment?
A fair point. It could be that when it fails to trigger a full power-off then I may end up experiencing what you and others are reporting (certainly this would be more consistent). I assumed that the failure to trigger a power-off and the heavy battery drain were aspects of the same fault. Perhaps this isn't the case and it could be two faults as you suggest. I'll try this for a few days to investigate. Perhaps you could try setting an explicit power-off to test the impact on battery life as well?

Quote:
Weird that 15/30 min gave problems but 10/15 doesn't seem to. What could the difference be?
Unsure - and it's not proven until I have a month under my belt at least, so it could prove to be a red herring. Let's see what the above shows us.
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote