View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkov View Post
I think Index is common for all books, not for every single book. So it need to reindex all if you add a lot of books at once. If you add a book or two it may use additional index files and search first in the main index then in new index files. And somewhat triggered to reindex all when needed. This is my opinion - I do not have Kindle source files.

I also give it to charge for a 2-3 hours when adding more than 5 books at once.
No, sometimes it will also spontaneously start the re-indexing of all books, and that can be a problem if you have a lot of books, as it renders the Kindle unstable. It also can be that the Kindle is already unstable and the re-indexing is a symptom.

And yes, that's a good strategy, to charge it as a rule, after downloading > 5 books.

Amazon says 3500 books. That may be, but the Kindle has also has to have some space left to do its own thing, like indexing/searching.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote