View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Quote:
Have you tried actually sideloading and reading books on the Touch after resetting and skipping the setup?
Yes. My book library is all on my computer and managed by Calibre. No problems in transferring books to the Touch.

Quote:
Whether or not the touch works after a factory reset will depend on when it was made, and what version of the firmware was pre-loaded in the rescue partition.
Now I hadn't thought of this. I bought my Touch just after it was first introduced, so it probably has the earliest firmware. Version 1.9 (May 20,2011)
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote