View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #34
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
If you're going to set margins at all, wouldn't they be better done in px?
Depends on which kind of margin. Margins are often used to add some spacing between elements (between paragraphs, between image and text, etc.). For those it's usually a good idea to have them scale with font size.

But if you mean page margins, I would still avoid px, because it might not work as you expect. In CSS, "px" is not a real pixel, but some kind of absolute unit whose size depends on the "typical viewing distance". I wouldn't be surprised if some reader implements it simply as a pixel, though, and even if the implementation is correct, I wouldn't trust what the developer thought was a typical viewing distance...

If you want some absolute (resolution and font size independent) unit, use "mm", "cm", "in", "pt" or "pc".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote