View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #31
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, I tend to agree about Kobo pushing upgrades onto people, but there are ways to revert and a nice forum to complain in... I think it might be fair to say that even if people object to one or more aspects of the latest firmwares, they are likely to keep them for other features or fixes unless they are broken in a BIG way.

I'm not a big fan of the new layout of the home screen, the (semi-)randomness of it offends my design sensibilities. Most covers are still depicted too small on my Glo to be viewed comfortably, too much valuable home screen space is wasted with % viewed and just blank space, and the contrast is too low. If they'd increase contrast, display % either when long pressed or just across the book cover, and allow the user to set the number of tiles displayed across the screen it would serve my needs better. On the Glo, and very likely the Touch, 2 columns would probably work better than three. There is far too much wasted space on the margins and on the tiles as well. Give us a little control over the interface elements and size and clean it up a bit and it would be better.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote