View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #54
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
As I pointed before, her agreement with IMDb doesn't actually require her to give accurate information. She wasn't in breech of contract.
Have you read the entirety of the agreement?

Quote:
Also, as I pointed out before, IMDb also violated PrivateEye.com's terms of service.
And as I pointed out, that's between IMDB and PrivateEye.com, and she has no legal standing in that issue. She's not allowed to sue them for that specific act.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with actors lying about their age, favorite food or natural hair color. They are actors, they play parts, their whole job is about deception.
I don't either. But I'm not going to sympathize (and neither, apparently, is at least one jury) when they get caught at it.

Quote:
I do have a problem with a jury concluding that a company can give credit card information to a third party without any repercussions.
You, too, have no standing in that matter whatsoever. If they did so in violation of their merchant agreement, that's between them and their merchant service. If they did so as allowed in their merchant agreement, no violations have occured. You are not part of that equation.

She sued over privacy regarding information that isn't private. And lost.

If you don't like it, don't use their web site.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote