View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is a though to keep in mind.

But I was assuming that people would do one of two things:
1) Read it and keep it (somewhere) for a "most recently set" record.

2) Just delete it.

And now with four time server addresses (ntpdate uses all that it can reach of the four, and then computes the 'best' of those) - -
And the last one of those the 'global' pool - -
The button should succeed more often that not. (a lot more often)
Anywhere in the world.

Once the end-user has acquired some confidence that the button works in their location - -
Then they can decide if they want the success record or not.

If they disable the success record, then the only time a report will be made is on a failure of some sort.

So far - we have had only a couple of dozen downloads - and only one report on if the button works (from twobob).

But still that is a thought to keep in mind.
Just need a bit bigger sample of user opinions now.

PS: Yes, any single line (including multiple statements) shell command will work in the "action" : field of menu.json .
That is a fair. When I tried the button it always failed. I wonder if it has to do with me not having wifi on. (I knew that). Maybe only display the log automatically IF it fails, otherwise keep the record for reference and viewable with the button solution in KUAL? That would be great.

And also thank you for the idea - did not know how to start the reader with a script (searched that just to answer) - great way to e.g. create any output in /tmp, display it, and let the Kindle worry about when to delete the /tmp folder to make room. (I do hope it does that )
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote