View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Daffy, thank you so much for bringing this subject up. I own a K2i and until now, everytime I tried the calibre recipes to get one or another newspaper, I was not really enthusiastic about the result. I will try the LA Times, but is there somewhere here a "calibre newspaper recipe for dummies" I can read and try to understand ?
It's pretty simple to set up. You just need to visit the web site of your favorite periodical and find the page with their RSS lists (try the site map if you have trouble). Copy the URL for the RSS feed of each section you want into Calibre.

You should check first the recipes already installed because a number of the major newspapers are already included.

If you go 4:49 minutes in to the Demo Video for Calibre, Kovid walks through the process of setting up your newspaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre newspapers.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	41238   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre newspapers 2.JPG
Views:	382
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	41239  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote