View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #1424
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
A word of caution: Everyone who commented on the price so far *knows* Marvin and its quality already.

I, too, would have paid EUR 4,99 but grudgingly because I strongly dislike buying something I don't know. Thus, a pretty high price like that would most likely discourage quite a few people.

Most other ebook readers are either free or cheaper than that, too, so people would likely look at those first and only switch to Marvin if everything else failed.

Now, I don't know Kris' business model but from what I gather from his behaviour and statements here, I don't think it's making the app itself more costly.
Consequentially, if I were him, I'd either keep Marvin itself free or at minimum cost and would add unobstrusive, non-essential IAP.

In either case, if I were him, I'd open-source Marvin (which absolutely doesn't imply not selling it or its IAP) because in any other case, we'll have to go hunting for a new ebook reader *again* sooner or later.

Anyway, this is nearing off-topic so I'll stop here but I wanted to chime in on the price discussion. :-)