View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I'm not a fan of Jackson, but even the nytimes attacked this book. From their review:

"haphazard and unconvincing book"
"Mr. Sullivan fails to give us any new insight into Jackson’s enigmatic personality"
"Fans of Jackson’s talent (and even those readers only curious about the onstage phenomenon he once was) would be way better off viewing that documentary — or YouTube clips of the Motown show — than reading this bloated and thoroughly dispensable book."

This sounds like a bad cash grab that got its just deserts as opposed to a victim of malice.
I'm not sure I'm interested enough to care, but I have heard an opposing view from someone whose opinion I respect, a radio DJ and former music journalist.

It would be nice to be able to find out the opinions of unbiased readers.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote