View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
OK - the nookcolor has a much more sophisticated Web browser than the Kindle3. The nookcolor handles photographs in texts better than the Kindle3. With Android OS v2.2 possibly coming in 2Q 2011, the nookcolor's battery life will improve ...

nookcolor owners - for "basic" WiFi Web access -and-, of course, reading - are you pleased with your device as compared to, say, an iPad? I know that's an un-fair comparison to ask of you ... but at half the price of an iPad, it seems like there's an awful lot of power and features in the nookcolor.

Clint Bradford
Take Kindle out of the equation, for same reasons other mentioned here already; Kindle is a true/dedicated e-reader.

I don't own or have an iPad but the Nook Color offers a good browsing experience. I had several crashes tough and I had to restart the whole device in order to use the browser again. The Nook Color virtual keyboard is good also, big enough and responsive.

At the moment I write this post, NC does not support Flash, same for iPad (of course, SJ hates Flash, lol) but speculating, NC will receive and update in 2011 which could fix that. Apple is not planning to provide such support, at least not now.

As a tablet and comparing between iPad and Nook color, I would prefer the Nook Color: better price, lighter and runs Linux. Even with the locked Android Market (not talking about any kind of hacks, just the device "as is") I think the NC gives you more bang for your bucks. Apple has a very closed market and environment that I just dislike.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote