View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 AM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I'm just really sad about this and having trouble making peace with the whole thing. My rational brain is saying all these sensible things about how I did my best, about how she has something else going on with her etc. that isn't my fault and maybe she'll come around someday but if she doesn't, I handled this by taking the high road etc. But it hurts that my dad has proven once again that I am the last priority in his life, and it hurts too that even though my sister has been a total brat about this, that we couldn't come to any sort of mutual peace on this because family IS really important to me (my mom's family is really close-knit and I love them all) and I wish I could have had that with her. And yeah, it bugs me that she doesn't *like* me because I really don't think I am such a terrible person
It sounds like you've reached out and have done the best you can. It might be hard to forgive & forget, but try not to let it eat you up inside! Separating yourself from such negative relationships, sounds reasonable and surround yourself with people that love and support you. It's their loss and maybe, hopefully, someday (even if takes a while) they'll realize that. Sadly some people will just never get it. I share your sadness and will be keeping you in my thoughts. You're among friends here!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote