View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
I recently read a thread with the exact same problem at Amazon: even though the guy was actually a US resident with a US credit card, because he was in the UK on vacation, the server refused to let him download the book since it was not officially available in the UK. Even after a prolonged discussion with Amazon support and him threatening to drop the service... So it's not just B&N.

I completely agree though that they should make it way more clear that that is the issue, rather than a useless generic error message. But also again, B&N is not the only company I have experienced this kind of issue either. Not that this should be an excuse.

As far as a practical solution goes, if on the administrative/account end of things you were OK, you should be able to use a US proxy to get around the BN/Amazon servers identifying your current location based on your IP address... It's a bit technical though.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote