View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Amazon's new and used books

Does anyone know where/what/how Amazon's new and used books listing comes from? I'm talking about the additional buying choices you see when you select a particular product. I had always thought they must have been legitimate alternative purchase possibilities for new and used copies but ...

The paperback version of my book is finally starting to appear, and almost as soon as it did Amazon started to show alternative locations where you could buy the book, including 1 used copy. Curious, I went directly to those websites and searched for my ISBN ... nada. One of the "new" places was The Book Depository, which I've been checking regularly anyway because it should show there eventually (I hope), and it definitely hasn't had my book at all yet. So where are these things coming from?

I'm not really complaining. I imagine it's probably a good thing for a book to look like it's had sales even when it hasn't. But it did make me curious.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote