View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #23
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I think Sir Terry Pratchett probably has it right when he writes about particles of inspiration going through the universe. Sometimes they hit the a receptive mind. Most people get none, some people get more than they can deal with, and sometimes they hit the wrong people. HistoryWes, that also explains why they often arrive when you are about to fall asleep. Other common places include the shower, the beach, or falling down the side of a mountain - all of them being places where a pencil and piece of paper are unlikely to be conveniently at hand.
When I was in the military, there was a few places to carry a pen but not really a piece of paper in your uniform. Yes we had pockets, but many times no paper. Something would happen to it. What worked was to keep a piece or paper or a card rigged in your hat or helmet.

In industry, I noticed a lot of the tecs would have a marker or a pen but no paper and they would write on their arms, wrists, hands or even their coveralls.

Today I carry folded or unfolded cards (3x5) usually in a leather card carrier case with a short pen. Much quicker than a mobile device.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote