View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Similar experience with SOME ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars View Post
Thanks for checking! I tried a restart earlier with no success but I will play around with it and will post back when I find a solution. I just hope the solution doesn't include starting over!
I downloaded the King James Bible specially constructed to have the verses indexed on the Kindle Keyboard. After 5 hours of indexing I could not even open the ebook. I removed it.

I also downloaded my NET Bible specially indexed for the verses to be searched and was able to read it. I allowed it to index overnight. I tried to search for a verse and it could not find it. I removed it.

However, I also downloaded the NIV Bible which worked very badly on the Kindle Keyboard. On the Paperwhite I was able to use the links to go to bible books fast. I was also able to search for phrases and it worked.

I downloaded the Bible Encyclopedia which worked great on the Kindle Keyboard. It worked even faster on the Paperwhite and I was able to get to linked verses immediately. I use that as my primary dictionary on the Paperwhite and the New Oxford American Dictionary as my secondary dictionary.

All other eBooks can be searched fine. Thus, it appears some eBooks specially constructed for the Kindle Keyboard will not index properly on the Paperwhite. Those specific eBooks also do not index properly on the Kindle Fire.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote