View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure that will help, Derek. Reflashing firmware v708 doesn't touch the internal memory! I would suggest reformating the internal disk, personally.
Then he should re-install using Build 538 - which does a full format and re-install, including files that aren't included in the transitional updates. When he's done that, he can re-install Build 708.

I don't really think doing a full format on the internal memory of the Cybook is a 'good thing'. Really, I don't.

Note that I'm not saying I've tried it, just that I don't think it will work. And if it doesn't and he ends up with a 'bricked' Cybook, he'll then have to shell out money to have Bookeen repair/replace it.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote