View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #365
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
It's Monday - we are all allowed to rant on Mondays, no forgiveness required. (Okay, it's not Monday everywhere at this moment, but close enough.)

I don't have an Amazon-based answer for you, but if you use Calibre you can get your notes from your Kindle. It will grab them and create a "Clippings.txt" book/file in the calibre library. I think they are still calling it experimental, but I've used it and it works for me. (By the time I'm done with them, NONE of my books are Amazon books, 'sall I'm sayin'.)

I used that functionality because I wanted some quotes I had highlighted for a review I was writing.
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not using a Kindle. I run the Kindle app on iPad, iPod Touch, and my iMac desktop. What I have found is that the mbp file IS transferable from iPad to iMac thru iTunes/Kindle app on the desktop. As long as the mbp is created on the iPad it seems to work on both. (Note that a Kindle for Mac [desktop] mbp does not work on the iPad so even when on the desktop I load the book to my iPad and then grab the blank mbp and place it in my Kindle lib on the Mac.)
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote