View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ryan View Post
Keep an eye on those system/hidden directories. You have to "unhide" them (several nerd steps) on Windows to see them.

Think it through - the index database file(s) have to go somewhere. The computer science people can tell you the overhead.
Here's what is in my system file. If you *copy* the reader.pref to your computer and rename it reader.txt, the file tells you which dictionary you are using as the default.

There seems the be a hidden drive, the .6 that Amazon is holding onto. I can't get to it to see what's in there (maybe I need Linux to see it?).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k2 system 1.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	24646   Click image for larger version

Name:	k2 system 2.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24647   Click image for larger version

Name:	k2 system 3.JPG
Views:	339