View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by echwel View Post
Certainly! My homerouter allows me to see the attached devices, and even, as Dafidfor stated earlier in the tread, to link an internal IP-adress to a specific device, or better, to link a specific device to the same IP-adress every time it is connected, so that, if you specified some rules for that adress, they apply everytime.
My desktops all have fixed IP addresses, which was simple enough to do, and I'd like to follow D's suggestion, but at the moment, I see no way to reserve an address for a wireless device based on the wireless device's MAC address (again, this is a Westell 327) . I'll see what I can do, however. It could be useful, since there are definitely some port-forwarding rules which I WANT to be device specific (rather than dynamic).

Last edited by oj829; 11-12-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote