View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
Well, all I can say is that my router logs showed that, upon initiating a sync, _outbound_ packets from the IP address assigned the Glo were being dropped for lack of an explicit rule (or "service enabled", as they say in Westell 327 language).
If 'everything' is blocked, apparently a rule is missing to let a specific port go thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
Well, two points here: One is that syncing my Glo just up and worked about 24 hours ago. No idea why. I wonder if a mystery device somewhere had woken up and managed to claim the same address?
Certainly! My homerouter allows me to see the attached devices, and even, as Dafidfor stated earlier in the tread, to link an internal IP-adress to a specific device, or better, to link a specific device to the same IP-adress every time it is connected, so that, if you specified some rules for that adress, they apply everytime.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote