View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #13
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
AFAIU the application (gui_shell) source code is not open source but UI and system components are present in the SDK in source form. System manager is in booxsdk/code/src/sys, UI is in booxsdk/code/src/ui, components of file manager are also in the booxsdk/code/src/cms. Am I wrong?
I'm afraid so (if subtly, though). gui_shell and system_manager are closed. Abovementioned directories contain the source for libraries required to write own applications... but not to modify/debug the behavior of these two.

E.g., I currently do not see a way to insert a menu item to create snapshots when arbitrary applications are running... or to add additional color options to the annotation menu. (remember that binaries on the M92 are statically compiled - and I fail to recognize a plugin interface, so far.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote