View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
How would a person who doesn't own an iPad/iPhone know if a book is available at the iBookstore? The selection isn't publicly viewable.

I'm aware the law doesn't say it has to be, but a rational court might well rule that "existing editions" have to be available--or at least the knowledge of their existence has to be available--to the public. Saying "you must pay a $200-500 fee for a device whose features are mostly useless to you, in order to find out if this book is available" is ridiculous. (I know that "ridiculous" doesn't mean "can't be sued for.")
Good question; I don't know the answer, I'm afraid.

Quote:
How would a blind person operate an iPhone/iPad? Do they have a "don't click on icons until they're doubletapped" option with a screen reader of some sort?
The iPad is fully operable by a blind person. It has a mode of operation called "Voiceover" whereby the options on screen are spoken out loud as you glide your fingers over them, and you tap to activate an option. There's a review of the iPad by a totally blind person here.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote