View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #25
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
okay. well since you were kind enough to give me a guide...

Im digging for your changes/requirements. NOT MAKING THEM, just looking for the places of interest or seeing if they are already in the code.

Quote:
- Provide cheating methods such as an "Undo" button so that it can go back one step whenever it has pressed up to the beginning of the game. Or "Hint" button to let the computer moves the current step even it is your turn.

SWIPE LEFT OR RIGHT TO GO BACK AND FORWARD ONE MOVE. Also: The computer logic would undoubtedly be capable of moving the players piece. I did not dig into that yet.

- Display the history of steps on the screen's left/right side of the chess board.

DIG IN public static posCollection pc;
public static final Position pos=new Position(); and then splatter in a LISTVIEW

- Display the play time since the game started at the bottom of screen.

An easier one. add a status area (just a label splattered on the bottom), (probably to the BOARD COMPONENTS THINGY) add a callback that updates the UI every 15s (say) and append the time now - (minus) time at start to the status area.

- Load a set of preset games (short Chess Puzzle) for user to solve. Provided (more than one?) solution with a "Hint" button.

there are 40+ on offer (PICTURED)
I can find no hinting mechanism... or "solution lister"

- To help the first time player, a single help page just show the basic allowed moves of each chess. Purely graphic without words for international languages.

Yep the help page could be improved.
Have to dig around in the LANG STRINGS I think

HERE'S where you could find the pictures...
this is just me browsing the code. No solid solutions.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_158.png
Views:	287
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	101463   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_159.png
Views:	259
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	101464   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_160.png
Views:	271
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	101465   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_162.png
Views:	266
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	101466   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_163.png
Views:	277
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	101467   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_164.png
Views:	281
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	101468   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_165.png
Views:	277
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	101469  

Last edited by twobob; 02-18-2013 at 12:40 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote