View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #207
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Zelda's right - it was the unhelpful "answers" I wanted to punish, not the questions. I want to say "ignorant questions", but that has such a negative connotation! I just means those questions that make it very obvious the person is new, new, new to ebooks - and in some cases - computers!

It is quite obvious that members here have all levels of computer skills - from those who've bought their first ebooks and aren't very technical to those writing the programs and the hacks so we can make those ebook gadgets work more like the way we want them to.

I am personally so grateful for the people (like nrapallo, for example) who graciously answer the same questions over and over, point them to wiki posts, share information about programs/tools, etc. I've been hanging out here for a little over a year, and searching for posts I know I've read, but can't remember the title for, can be challenging. How much more so for the newbie who doesn't even know the right questions to ask, the right words to use?

This forum has been an incredible resource for me - and I've sent friends here as I've talked them into buying ebook readers of their own. So when I see someone new post a less-than-knowledgeable question, and they get "slapped" for it, it makes me cringe.

If it's something I know something about, I just try to give a more newbie-friendly answer, rather than completing ignoring the thread. But sometimes I want to shoot back something an old roommate used to say all the time: "Who p*ssed in your Cheerios?!"
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote