View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescere View Post
In my experience moderators usually have the word “moderator” under their name. That is why I asked him if he is a moderator. If you had all read my post you would have seen that. Why should I be at risk for getting banned from a forum for merely expressing my opinion and asking a question? I am interested in the DRM topic and I wanted to read more about it. If members were discussing how to commit terrorism I can certainly see why they would be banned and silenced, but this is hardly on that level.

In a free society people should be allowed to discuss almost any topic. Certainly they should be advised that removing DRM in some instances is wrong, but I cannot imagine many scenarios where ignorance of any topic is good. I am an American where we have a Constitution and free speech. I guess I should be more aware that the rest of the world does not have the same view of freedom as I.

Thank you all for your comments. I withdraw from the thread.
Yes, us Americans do love to think that we have more freedom than anywhere else in the world (despite much evidence to the contrary). But that is no excuse for being a rude boy in front of a global audience, where it is easy for people to think that your bad example is typical of other Americans as well. You should be kind and helpful and show respect and courtesy to others in this forum (and elsewhere).

It is not necessary to withdraw from this thread (unless you are not able to participate in a civilized discussion without making rude comments).

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-19-2012 at 06:39 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote