View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Ok, that' good to know. The main reason I'm looking at the NC is the form factor and the cost. What I really want is a Samsung tablet because I can run the Kindle app on it. We buy most of our stuff on Kindle, but remove the DRM. I could avoid that by running the Kindle app natively, but all the other tablets are too expensive. At least with the NC, I can either get my de-DRMed books or root it and install the Kindle app on it (I think).

Anyway, this is good information. Thanks!
I really love my nook but for $100 more the Samsung is really a better choice than the nook.

That said the nook is a good choice if you are willing to root your nook or better yet ROM your nook you can get close to the performance of a Samsung. (except for graphic intensive apps).

On my ROMed nook I can easily download calibre content* either with my web browser or through Alkdio or Moon eReader apps. For the Kindle app I have to download the books through a browser. All you have to do for Alkdio/Moon is point the app to the web servers IP:PORT address and the rest will work flawlessly. I love this because I don't have to filter through books on my local nook, I can use calibres tag engine to search for a book I want to read.

If Aldiko and Moon are released on the nook market you will not need to root your nook.

=X=

* I have calibre web server running
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote